The safety of our customers is the number one priority at Murphy's Auto Glass. We take pride in our auto glass replacement work, and we always insist on using Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) auto glass along with factory primers and urethane. Providing the highest level of safety with each and every windshield replacement job we do is important to us.
Call us at 803-536-5500 or 866-687-7495 if you need a new windshield installed. We're located in Orangeburg, SC, but our mobile service technicians are also willing to travel to various areas in South Carolina.
We are the ONLY shop in the area that is capable of both full windshield replacement as well as ADAS (Advanced Driver Assist Systems) calibration for vehicles in Orangeburg.
We re-calibrate all types of camera systems including lane departure warning systems, forward collision cameras and other windshield cameras. Any auto glass shop can replace a windshield, but if that shop cannot calibrate your system, it will not work properly.
Many people only look for the lowest price when shopping for windshield replacement, but there are varying qualities of glass and levels of installation workmanship. An improperly installed windshield is virtually useless at protecting you during an accident. That's why it's very important to choose a reputable auto glass installer. Your auto glass provides 60% to 70% of the strength of your vehicle. In a rollover, the windshield helps the cabin maintain its rigidity, protecting the passengers, which is especially important in minivans or vehicles with large windshields. In a front impact collision, the windshield assists airbag deployment and keeps passengers from being thrown out of the vehicle. The windshield also helps to protect from flying road debris.
If your windshield needs to be replaced, remember you get what you pay for. Make sure to find a certified, professional auto glass company that guarantees proper windshield installation. A properly installed windshield will maintain the structural integrity and other safety features built into your vehicle at the factory. If safety is important to you and your family, make sure you pick an auto glass company that makes safety priority #1—pick Murphy's Auto Glass!
1. Glass Quality - Windshield glass is laminated; a piece of vinyl is sandwiched between two pieces of specially strengthened glass. A good windshield matches your old windshield exactly in tint, size, and extra features such as a rain sensor. A cheap aftermarket windshield is often a thin, ill-fitted piece of glass which is manufactured to a different size and thickness to avoid infringing on the copyright of the companies that make the original glass.
2. Molding - Look at your windshield and you'll notice that there's a rubber seal that wraps around all or part of the windshield. Most of the time, the molding is replaced during the windshield replacement process. There is a vast difference between qualities of moldings available on the market. Murphy's Auto Glass uses only the highest quality moldings and adhesives that conform to the OEM standards.
3. Urethane - Urethane is used to bond the windshield to your vehicle. After the windshield replacement, the urethane must have the proper amount of time to cure and create a strong bond before you drive the car. If the urethane does not bond properly the windshield installation will be weak and the windshield glass will pop or buckle during an accident. At Murphy's, we abide by all the recommended safety standards to make sure your windshield replacement will last for years to come and provide the safety a windshield should provide.
4. Temperature & Humidity - Temperature and humidity at the time of the windshield installation determine how quickly the urethane cures. The auto replacement technicians at Murphy's Auto Glass will always give you a safe drive away time to make sure your new windshield replacement will keep you safe on the road ahead.
5. Windshield Frame - The condition of your vehicle's windshield frame is very important. If the windshield frame is bent or rusty, even the best windshield installation will still be unsafe. Your windshield replacement technician should take the necessary steps to make sure the windshield frame on your vehicle will allow for a safe windshield replacement.
6. Windshield Installer's Ability - Use of all the high-quality windshield replacement products available won't make much of a difference if the windshield technician does not have the proper training and knowledge for windshield installs. Each auto glass technicians at Murphy's Auto Glass undergoes extensive training to make sure their skill set will guarantee a satisfactory windshield replacement job every time. Each of the windshield replacement specialists at Murphy's Auto Glass has the knowledge and job experience to install your replacement windshield to the highest safety standards or they would not be working at Murphy's Auto Glass.
Rock chips are a natural hazard of driving. Don't put off getting that rock chip repair done before it becomes a much bigger problem.